- Purchasers are required to fill out a registration form.
- Purchasers are also asked to provide ID in the form of a driving license, Passport or National Identity Card.
2. Buying, Buyer's Premium and Artist resale rights
- Lots are sold to the highest bidder
- Chelsea Auction House charges 20% buyers premium plus VAT.
- In accordance with Artists Resale Rights Regulations 2006, specified lots which sell for €1,000 or more are subject to a resale royalty charge (“Royalty”). This Royalty is payable by the Bidder. The Royalty will be charged at a rate of 4% of the total hammer price for lots selling for amounts up to €50,000 and shall be passed directly to the Design and Artists Copyright Society (DACS).
- Buyers who are unable to attend an auction can leave a commission bid. This will be executed by the auctioneer on the buyer's behalf and is a free service. The auctioneer will purchase the lot as cheaply as possible, subject to other bids and reserves. Please call or email to leave a commission bid.
- Buyers who are unable to attend an auction can bid over the telephone via a member of our team. Buyers should let us know which lots they are interested in order to receive a telephone call two lots prior the desired lot or lots.
- Payment can be made within three working days of the sale by credit/debit card, cash, bank transfer or cheque.
- Credit cards are subject to a 3% surcharge and cheques must be cleared before lots can be collected or transported.
- Lots can be delivered to buyers free of charge within the M25 , collected in person or by courier. We can arrange packing and transport on request.
5. Lot Descriptions
- Lot dimensions may include artwork frames.
6. Chelsea Auction House of London offers an online bidding service via the-saleroom.com for bidders who cannot attend the sale. In completing the bidder registration on www.the-saleroom.com and providing your credit card details and unless alternative arrangements are agreed with ’Chelsea Auction House of London’:
- Authorise ’Chelsea Auction House of London’, if they so wish, to charge the credit card given in part or full payment, including all fees, for items successfully purchased in the auction via the-saleroom.com, and;
- Confirm that you are authorised to provide these credit card details to ’Chelsea Auction House of London’ through www.the-saleroom.com and agree that ’Chelsea Auction House of London’ are entitled to ship the goods to the card holder name and card holder address provided in fulfilment of the sale.
Please note that any lots purchased via the-saleroom.com live auction service will be subject to an additional 3% commission charge + VAT at the rate imposed on the hammer price.
- Please contact us